Busy days at the Fogelburger’s! 🙂
I am very close to finalizing the first draft of my novel taking place in Jakarta. Yesterday our girls came back from their holiday in Sweden (Yay!). Tomorrow we leave for a mini vacation together in Malaysia.
And the cover for Beautiful Affliction has been finalized, the final pages approved and my book has gone to the printer!
My publisher and cover designer chose the beautiful blurb excerpts to go on the cover, and I am very happy with having four blurbs on the back cover and one on the front; five in all!
I have gotten more endorsements than I dared dream of: twelve beautiful blurbs that are to be featured on the first three pages of my book under the headline “Praise for Beautiful Affliction, A Memoir”.
I was hoping for three blurbs when I sent out letters asking for endorsements to around fifteen authors that I admire, never would I have imagined that I would receive twelve! I know how busy people are, and endorsing a debut author is a huge favor, but everyone was so kind.
Here are some of the things they said in their e-mails, that wasn’t in the blurbs, a sneak-peek “behind the blurbs” if you will: 🙂
- “Wow, your story is insane.”
- “I enjoyed your book so much!”
- “Holy moly, what a story!”
- “I couldn’t put it down.”
- “To parent with such grace under such circumstances is beyond heroic.”
- “Your letters to your daughters slayed me. Just slayed me.”
- “Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to read your stunning new memoir.”
- “I read it all in one day, I was THAT captivated!”
- “I’m awed by your courage.”
- “Your writing is absolutely gorgeous.”
- “I had so many positive things to say I couldn’t fit them into one blurb.”
- “It was truly a privilege to read and endorse it.”
I am so humbled and grateful for each and everyone of the amazing, kind and generous authors who took the time to read and endorse my book. It really means a lot, especially perhaps when you are a new author struggling with feelings of “what-on-earth-am-I-doing???” It is a roller coaster ride of emotions to see your story grow up and prepare to launch into the world, and it is with a lot of agony one prepares to “let go”. But the support from wonderful fellow authors certainly makes it easier.
And also the support from my publisher and of course, my sweet blogging friends!!
Hugs to you all!